Therapist/Social Service Staff, Full-time
Parrott Creek Child & Family Services is seeking to fill a position as Youth and Family Therapist.
Provide individual counseling for up to 13 adjudicated youth in our two residential programs. Facilitate treatment groups, supervise and consult with Youth Counselors. In coordination with the Residential Supervisor, Program Director and Case Manager, monitor youth’s progress in the program. Supervise youth in the milieu.
Requirements, knowledge, skills and abilities
- Basic psychological and sociological theories, adolescent development and clinical application.
- Understanding of residential treatment and promote a structured milieu.
- Knowledge and ability to apply principles of Trauma-informed Care
- Strong self-regulating skills, empathetic and strength-based.
- Capability and willingness to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a team.
- Ability to meet paperwork timelines.
- Experience working with/in BIPOC communities.
- Understanding of and commitment to anti-racism.
- Supportive of diverse lifestyles and cultures.
- Training or experience with Restorative Justice programs and practices.
- Understanding of and commitment to mindfulness practice.
- Provide individual counseling for the youth on your caseload in the program.
- Provide family therapy for your caseload when appropriate.
- Facilitate therapeutic treatment groups.
- Supervise youth in the milieu.
- Complete all paperwork in a timely fashion including BRS documentation.
- Participate in supervision with Clinical Director.
- Formulate treatment plan for youth while he is in the program.
- Formulate youth’s Transition Plan.
- Chair required Case Reviews for youth.
- Perform additional tasks as assigned by Program Director.
- Transportation of residents is required; must have a valid Oregon driver’s license as a condition of employment.
- Follow and support Parrott Creek Policies and Procedures, work cooperatively and harmoniously with clients, coworkers, and outside agencies.
- Attend mandatory staff meetings and trainings.
- Maintain appointments on Google calendar.
- Excellent medical benefits
- Life Insurance
- Exceptional Retirement Plan
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick Leave
- Paid Holidays
$3,650 – 3,987 per month depending upon qualifications, and $1/hr differential for bi-lingual/bi-cultural candidates. Assessment to be done during interview process. $1,000 Hiring Bonus!!
Education, experience and training
- Master’s Degree from an accredited college or university with major study in social work, psychology, and counseling or a closely allied field and one year of experience in the care and treatment of youth and young adults.
- First Aid and CPR Certification.
- CADC I certification is highly desirable.
At Parrott Creek, we believe that all youth and families are doing the best they can and want to do better. Further, we approach social service from a non-judgmental, respectful perspective. These values extend to how we work collaboratively as colleagues within our agency. We respect and actively promote the personal and professional growth of all employees of Parrott Creek.
If you are interested, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to 1001 Molalla Avenue #209, Oregon City, OR 97045 or fax to 503-655-8908.