CADC/Therapist/Social Service Staff: Full Time
Parrott Creek Child & Family Services is seeking to fill the position of Youth and Family Therapist with a CADC Certification.
Provide individual counseling for up to 7 adjudicated youth in our residential treatment program. Provide assessments and facilitate substance abuse treatment groups. Supervise and consult with Youth Counselors. In coordination with the Residential Supervisor and Case Manager, monitor youth’s progress in the program. Supervise youth in the milieu.
Requirements, knowledge, skills and abilities
- Basic psychological and sociological theories, adolescent development and clinical application
- Understanding of residential treatment and promote a structured milieu
- Knowledge and ability to apply principles of trauma informed care
- Strong self-regulating skills, empathic and strength based
- Capability and willingness to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a team
- Ability to meet paperwork timelines
- Provide individual counseling for the youth on your caseload in the program.
- Provide family therapy for your caseload when appropriate.
- Provide assessments and facilitate substance abuse treatment groups.
- Supervised youth in the milieu.
- Complete all paperwork in a timely fashion including BRS documentation.
- Participate in supervision with Clinical Director.
- Formulate treatment plan for youth while he is in the program.
- Formulate youth’s Transition Plan.
- Chair required Case Reviews for youth.
- Perform additional tasks as assigned by Program Director
- Transportation of residents is required; must have a valid Oregon drivers license as a condition of employment
- Follow and support Parrott Creek Policies and Procedures, work cooperatively and harmoniously with clients, coworkers, and outside agencies.
- Attend mandatory staff meetings and trainings
- Maintain appointments on Google calendar
- Excellent medical benefits
- Life Insurance
- Exceptional Retirement Plan
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick Leave
- Paid Holidays
$38,000 to $43,000, depending on experience.
Education, experience and training
- Applicant must have a CADC I certification.
- Master’s Degree from an accredited college or university with major study in social work, psychology, and counseling or a closely allied field and one year of experience in the care and treatment of youth and young adults
or a Bachelor’s degree with major study in social work, psychology or a closely allied field and two years experience in the care and rehabilitation of youth and young adults.
- First Aid and CPR Certification
- Master’s Degree is highly desirable.
At Parrott Creek we believe that all youth and families are doing the best they can and want to do better. Further, we approach social service from a non-judgmental, respectful perspective. These values extend to how we work collaboratively as colleagues within our agency. We respect and actively promote the personal and professional growth of all employees of Parrott Creek.
Interested candidates please send resume w/cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to 1001 Molalla Avenue #209, Oregon City, OR 97045 or fax to 503-655-8908.