SAFE KIDS COALITION
The Safe Kids Coalition promotes critical services for children and youth impacted by trauma.The safety and well-being of children and youth in our communities must be a top priority and a shared responsibility among caring adults.
Our Mission and Vision
The Safe Kids Coalition for Clackamas County uses a collective impact model to ensure critical services are accessible to children and youth impacted by trauma.
Our vision is to create a community where the safety and well-being of children and youth are a top priority and a shared responsibility.
2021 Highlights & Achievements
- Capitalized on momentum and support from the Fall 2020 “Yes for Clackamas Kids” ballot measure campaign to formalize the Safe Kids Coalition.
- Incorporated Safe Kids Coalition as an officially registered nonprofit with the State of Oregon and established Clackamas Women’s Services as the fiscal agent to provide tax exempt options to supporters and foundations.
- Launched the Safe Kids Coalition website.
- Coordinated with Oregon’s Congressional Leaders to represent the needs of Clackamas County’s children and youth.
- Compiled a community needs assessment for children and youth impacted by trauma related to the COVID-19 pandemic as part of a coordinated funding request for American Rescue Plan Act assistance.
- Host regular gatherings of local nonprofit leaders and other supportive individuals to share support, resources, updates, challenges, funding opportunities, coordinated services, and gaps.
- Local outreach regarding the work of Safe Kids Coalition with presentations to area civic organizations.
- Educating the community and policy makers on the role of community-based organizations and the interconnected needs of children and youth.