PARROTT CREEK CHILD & FAMILY SERVICES
POSITION TITLE: Cook
SUPERVISED BY: Program Director/Program Supervisor
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
- As part of a team, assists youth in a residential treatment program. Program may include up to 21 youth in the residential program and up to 6 youth in the shelter program.
- Cooks breakfast and lunch and prepares dinner for the staff working in the evening and provides two snacks throughout the day.
- Provides group and individual supervision of youth working in the kitchen, documents tracking.
- Completes all necessary documentation. Follows the menu as assigned.
- Follows the nutritional guidelines adopted by the Agency. All meals should be balanced and include a protein, carbohydrate and two vegetables or a vegetable and a fruit.
- Maintains assigned documentation, temperature documentation for refrigerators and freezers.
- Adjusts documentation when changes are made to the menu to maintain nutritional requirements.
- Observes appropriate portion control for the youth to meet nutritional standards.
- Adjusts the amount of food cooked to meet the needs of the number of youth and staff on-site and also to reduce food waste.
- Maintains appropriate standards of cleanliness in the kitchen and dining room garbages emptied daily, grease trap emptied when required, refrigerators and freezers kept clean and free of odors, food stuff stored appropriately.
- Throws unused food away daily to minimize possibility of issues with reheating food and appropriate storage.
- Observes, reports and intervenes in conduct and behavior of youth to prevent disturbances.
- Participates in skill training with youth while directing youth working in the kitchen.
- Communicates appropriately with supervisors and other staff to ensure adherence to kitchen standards.
- Prepares written reports concerning incidences of disturbances or injuries.
- Organize ingredients and leave instructions for meal preparation on days off.
- Attend supervision and required meetings.
- Participate in training for professional development.
- Respect the confidentiality of information regarding clients, personnel and program operations as directed by Agency policies.
- Follow and support PCCFS policies and procedures.
- Complete required paperwork, i.e., time sheets, paperwork requested by HR.
- Additional duties as assigned.
REQUIREMENTS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with staff, clients and outside agencies.
- Tolerant of diverse lifestyles and cultures.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills, with the ability to effectively handle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Computer experience, proficiency with Microsoft Office preferred.
- Ability to walk over uneven terrain.
- Valid driver’s license with good driving record.
- Current First Aid and CPR certification mandatory upon hire.
- Current Food Handler’s permit required.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING:
Minimum of two years cooking experience in congregate care facility or equivalent.
Duties are performed in a residential facility kitchen and dining settings.
Position requires the ability to sit and/or stand for extended periods and lift 50 pounds.
This is an hourly non-exempt position.
Interested candidates please send resume w/cover letter to email@example.com or mail to 1001 Molalla Avenue #209, Oregon City, OR 97045 or fax to 503-655-8908