Recovery House Mentor Job Description: Avalon House
This is a live on-site house manager position for a transitional living program for women in recovery and children reunifying with them from foster care. This position is considered a part time non-exempt position. The rate of pay is $900 a month. Workspace includes an on-site 1 bedroom apartment with utilities provided.
The following things are expected as a recovery house manager:
- Maintain the safety of the house and residents
- Communicate with program manager, case manager, treatment teams, and Oregon Department Human Services Child Welfare as may be required
- Support clients in working toward their service plan goals
- Facilitate weekly house meetings
- Notify Program Manager of items needed for the home
- Collect UA/mouth swab specimens from residents
- Keep medication count logs up to date and ensure medication is being taken as prescribed
- Keep the residence clean, organized and in working order
- Light touch upkeep of residence
- Keep current community resource information updated
- Serve as emergency relief for the other agency housing programs
- Be available to residents as needed, including some evenings/weekends
- Be available to respond to a crisis in the house
- Additional duties as assigned
- Experience working with people from disadvantaged and diverse backgrounds
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Lived experience in substance use recovery required (minimum two years sobriety) . Certified Recovery Mentor (CRM) preferred.
- Positive attitude
Physical demands for the position include
- Ability to ascend/descend 2 flights of stairs
- Ability to lift 25 lbs.
Interested candidates please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to 1001 Molalla Avenue #209, Oregon City, OR 97045 or fax to 503-655-8908
Parrott Creek/True Housing is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, marital status, familial status, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, source of income, union participation or activities, or any other status legally protected by applicable local, state or federal law.