Supervised by: Program Director
General Statement of Duties
Provide a safe, secure and supportive environment for youth at Parrott Creek. Supervise youth during group times, free time and recreational activities. Teach youth behavior skills based on cooperation and mutual respect. Ensure all program rules and expectations are followed.
- Supervise youth on-site and on outings in the community
- Facilitate Skill Building Groups as assigned
- Engage in Problem Solving with youth
- Engage in Individual Skill Building with an assigned group of youth.
- Work with youth cooperatively in experiential skill building such as gardening, music, maintaining an pleasant environment for youth and staff.
- Monitor youth’s clothing; complete clothing inventory form.
- Ensure adherence to program rules, routines and procedures.
- Plan and facilitate daily activities for social, emotional and physical development.
- Cook meals when necessary.
- Follow agency procedures for routine and emergency medical care of youth.
- Record all residential services to youth according to agency procedures.
- Pass information to other Parrott Creek staff in a timely, approved and appropriate fashion.
- Transport youth.
- Intervene appropriately in crisis situations.
- Attend mandatory staff meetings and trainings.
- Perform duties as assigned by supervisor.
Requirements Knowledge Skills and Abilities
Applicant must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing; have the ability to lift and/or move 50 pounds; work cooperatively within a team; have a valid Oregon Driver’s License and good driving record and be able to drive a 12-seat passenger van.
Education Experience and Training
A Bachelors Degree in social work, psychology or a related field is preferred two years minimum experience in an applicable field can be substituted for education.
First Aid and CPR certification and a Food Handlers card are required at hire.