The Community Housing Case Manager is responsible for supporting housing programs at the discretion of the Program Manager. The Case Manager provides support and direction for the clients to access housing, education, employment, skill development, substance misuse treatment and behavioral health support.
This position may be working in any of the housing and recovery programs, including A&D Rental Assistance, Homesafe, Outreach, and Independent Living for Youth and Recovery Homes.
- Conducts initial screening of potential clients to determine program readiness
- Completes move-in documentation and builds and maintains resident file
- Completes service plan and discharge plan for all clients
- Provides coaching and encouragement for clients
- Assists clients in setting and working towards self-identified goals
- Connects clients to community resources and supports them with building independence
- Communicates with all treatment providers as may be relevant
- Communicates with all landlords as may be relevant
- Completes all program paperwork and documentation in a timely and consistent manner
- Enters weekly client notes
- Orients all participants to program rules and expectations
- Facilitates monthly meetings and documents
- Notifies Supervisor for all critical incidents
- Requests and documents monthly rents for all clients
- Assist with intervention and eviction proceedings for program
- On-call rotation
REQUIREMENTS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Provide culturally responsive services that are equitable, respectful, and relevant to people from a wide variety of backgrounds
- Commitment to and experience working with traditionally underserved populations including LGBTQ+, People of Color, Young Parents, Juvenile Justice Involved Youth, Youth Involved in Foster Care and Youth with Mental Health Struggles
- Knowledge of trauma Informed and client-centered/strengths-
- Maintain client confidentiality
- Basic computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Ability to multitask and display organizational skills
- Ability to work as part of a team, as well as autonomously and exercise independent judgment
- Assertiveness skills
- Creative and open to new ideas and approaches in a diverse setting
- Must keep personal and shared living space clean and organized
- Must attend all staff meetings, supervision and agency sponsored trainings
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING:
- Must have or obtain a first aid and CPR certification
- High School diploma, Bachelor’s in Human Services or related field preferred
- Experience and/or education in social work or related field
- Bilingual and lived experience is a plus
- Duties are performed in an office, residential and community settings.
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds.
- Must be able to climb two flights of stairs.
- Ability to use own transportation to transport self and clients.
This position is hourly and non-exempt – $19.25/hr
$1/hr differential for bi-lingual/bi-cultural. Assessment to be conducted during interview process
Automatic 50 cent pay increases every six months.
Parrott Creek respects and promotes the personal and professional growth of all employees and we celebrate diversity. We are committed to creating an inclusive and safe environment for all.
This position allows for advancement as part of the team at Parrott Creek. As you become successful, acquire more skills, take on more responsibility and demonstrate proficiency, you will have the opportunity of advancing in your position.
Interested candidates please send resume with cover letter to email@example.com or by mail to: 1001 Molalla Ave, Suite 209 in Oregon City, OR 97045
*A note to potential candidates: Studies have shown that women, trans, non-binary, BIPOC, and other candidates from most-impacted communities are less likely to apply for jobs unless they believe they meet every single one of the qualifications as described in a job description. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive organization, and we are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job. That candidate may be one who comes from a background less traditional to our field of work, and that’s welcome. We would strongly encourage you to apply, even if you don’t believe you meet every one of the qualifications described. Parrott Creek is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage candidates of diverse backgrounds to apply.