Parrott Creek Capital Campaign Director
Organization Overview: Parrott Creek Child and Family Services is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization serving youth and families across Oregon. Our programs range from early interventions and community support to outpatient treatment, recovery homes and intensive residential care. Our mission is to help our participants identify strengths and develop skills that build stronger families and safer communities. We build effective partnerships to align services, maximize resources and provide an equitable and inclusive continuum of care.
Work Location: Oregon City, OR
Position Type: Full-time, Exempt (must be available to work occasional nights and weekends as campaign-related events require)
Salary: $65,000 – $75,000 commensurate with experience
Parrott Creek is in growth mode and we are looking for an enthusiastic and committed fundraising professional to serve as the Campaign Director for our exciting capital campaign. The Campaign Director will report to our Executive Director and be responsible for the day-to-day planning, coordination, and management of the Capital Campaign. The Campaign Director helps set strategy as well as executes all aspects of a multi-faceted, multi-year, multi-phased campaign. The role entails working collaboratively with the Director of Development, staff, volunteers, other key stakeholders, and fundraising counsel.
At the outset, fundraising consultants will be in place providing interim management of the campaign and will be available to provide training to our incoming Director. Ideally, a reasonable period (4-6 weeks) of overlap will occur in which the incoming and outgoing Directors will have the opportunity to work together ensuring a smooth transition.
While we are currently in the early stages of our capital campaign, this role is part of a broader strategy to grow the philanthropic arm of our organization and instill a more ingrained culture of stewardship. The ideal candidate will be an experienced, responsible, focused individual, with outstanding organizational skills and previous exposure to nonprofit fundraising.
- Collaborate with the Director of Development and volunteer campaign leadership to continue to create and implement a strategic direction for the campaign.
- Lead the campaign through its various stages – quiet, major gift, and public phase.
- Identify prospects that have both the capacity and demonstrated interest in advancing the mission of Parrott Creek using research tools, in-person visits, input from board and key stakeholders, and any available resources of the organization.
- Design cultivation and solicitation strategies for donors at all levels.
- Organize and update the pipeline of individual campaign prospects.
- Prioritize donors, conduct research, and draft communications, proposals, donor profiles, and briefing memos for prospective campaign donors.
- Work closely with the Director of Development to ensure alignment of campaign activities with the annual fund, planned giving program, foundation grants, special events, and other fundraising related activities.
- Serve as principal liaison between leadership, the Board of Directors, and the Campaign Cabinet.
- Support the campaign’s volunteer committees by:
- Assisting in campaign volunteer recruitment,
- Designing strategy and developing materials and talking points for all committee meetings,
- Running and conducting follow-up for committee meetings, and
- Training volunteers for solicitations.
- Manage the execution of appropriate donor acknowledgment, recognition, and stewardship in collaboration with Development staff.
- Assist in strategizing and implementing campaign cultivation and recognition events.
- Provide necessary campaign updates and numerical analysis to various stakeholders (e.g. board of directors).
- Continue to build a suite of relevant campaign reports, as necessary.
- Customize existing campaign related materials (brochures, pamphlets, external communications, update case statement as needed, etc.)
- Manage the design of new campaign materials as needed.
- Develop, maintain, and update the campaign budget.
- Maintain and update a comprehensive campaign timetable and benchmarks.
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
Required Skills, Experience, and Traits:
- Previous experience working in nonprofit organizations or in a fundraising role.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Suite (Word, PPT, Excel).
- Proficient in data analytics – ability to extract relevant information from data sets.
- Superior organizational and time management skills – ability to juggle multiple assignments, prioritize tasks, and meet deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) – ability to communicate effectively with staff, donors, volunteers, and other key stakeholders.
- High level attention to detail.
- Proven track record of successful project management.
- Highly self-motivated – ability to work independently as well as collaboratively.
- Proactive – ability to anticipate potential problems and plan for contingencies.
- Excellent problem solving and decision making skills.
Preferred Skills, Experience, and Traits:
- Prior capital campaign management experience.
- Knowledge of donor management systems.
- Understanding of Moves Management process and ability to create donor engagement strategy.
- Knowledge of prospect research process.
- Interpersonal skills, including ability to interact and engage with stakeholders at all levels, active listening skills, professionalism, courteousness, and empathy.
A Note to Potential Candidates:
Studies have shown that women, trans, non-binary, BIPOC, and other candidates from most-impacted communities are less likely to apply for jobs unless they believe they meet every single one of the qualifications as described in a job description. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive organization, and we are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job. That candidate may be one who comes from a background less traditional to our field of work, and that is welcome. We would strongly encourage you to apply, even if you feel you do not meet every one of the qualifications described. Parrott Creek is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage candidates of diverse backgrounds to apply.
To apply, send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.